Calderdale & Barnsley Governor Associations would like to invite YOU to our first North of England Regional Conference: The Future of Governance.
Please share with your colleagues, all governors from all LA areas are most welcome to attend this free of charge event. Registration is required (below)
Keynote Speaker: Paul Smith, Regional Schools Commissioner (RSC) Lancs. & West Yorks. Supported by:
- Patrick Ottley-O’Connor (Secondary) Principal, The Hereford Academy
- Lynda Johnson (Primary) Executive Head teacher, Brighter Futures MAT (Calderdale)
To be held on Saturday 21st November 2015 at
The Shay Stadium, Shaw Hill, Halifax HX1 2YS. From 9-00 am to 1-30 pm (refreshments, incl. breakfast, available from 8.30 am)
- Is our GB collaborating with other GBs?
- Are we a coasting school?
- Have we considered fully all Academy options within our 5 year strategic plan?
- What is our role in the school led support system?
- Do we understand the role of the RSC in Academies or Maintained schools?
- Do we know how school improvement will work in future?
- How professional and effective are we as a GB? What are the DfE plans & their impact on our GB?
Governors’ Action Plan: To find the answers to these questions and more – ensure that our GB is represented at the North of England Regional Conference on 21st November 2015 at the Shay Stadium Halifax
To book, please provide the following information and click “Submit”
Please note that as this is a free event, in order to maximise the opportunities for attendance, CGA reserves the right to charge for no-shows and cancellations made after Sunday 15th November
For the printable flyer, click here