Thank you to Mary Carrigan for providing these Notes from a course that she attended recently
The NLG scheme is being revised. All existing NLGs (including Jon Hairsine and Tony Hillyard) have had their designation removed effective 31 August 2021.
New applications were invited including existing NLGs administered by NGA. Applications closed on 29th July 2021
The newly designated NLGs from end September 2021will be paid for their work and will be completing ERG (External reviews of Governance) for those GBs as prescribed by the DfE starting October 2021
A group of historic NLGs decided they did not wish to be part of the new scheme and have set up a new group see www.independentgovernor.com
They have come together as they wished to continue to offer a no strings attached mentoring service to all governors/trustees/Governing boards and did not want the system to lose this support.
The next CGA meeting (open without charge to all Calderdale governors, trustees and clerks) is on Thursday 23rd January 2020 at 6.30pm at Savile Park at Heath
Mark Randall – Asst Director Education and Inclusion and Adam Wilkinson – Calderdale Council Lead Member for Children’s Services will outline their vision for education, children and schools across Calderdale.
There will be ample opportunity to ask questions.
For more informaton please click here
The next CGA meeting will be held on Tuesday 26th November 2019 from 6-30 pm – 9.00pm at Savile Park at Heath, Free School Lane, Halifax HX1 2PS
Please let Debby Simpson know if you wish to attend. This is a FREE event for all governors/trustees of ALL Calderdale schools and is NOT part of the traded service.
- Update on experiences from OFSTED inspections under New Framework- Governor Questions.
- Feedback on latest NGA Regional Conference.
- Valley Learning Partnership.
- Cluster update together with Special school cluster offer.
Please click here for more info
The Huffington Post has published an article about the financial pressures on a Calderdale Primary School (Moorside Community Primary School) under the headline:
How Funding Cuts And Rising Poverty Are Pushing Schools To Breaking Point
Please click this this link to read the article
The next open meeting will be held at Savile Park at Heath (Free School Lane, Halifax HX1 2PS) from 630 pm to 9pm on Thursday 4th April 2019. Agenda items cover:
- New OFSTED Framework Consultation.
- What do we need to know about our schools ethos and curriculum?
- How does what we know about our childrens’ eHNa influence us as a governor?
- What difficult decisions will we be faced with in setting a balanced budget?
- How can we best take care of our staff?
- Calderdale Governor traded service.
Hopefully there will also be an opportunity to discuss other items of concern/interest to Governors.
Please let Debby Simpson know if you wish to attend.
This is a FREE event for all governors/trustees of ALL Calderdale schools
The next open meeting will be held at Savile Park at Heath from 630 pm to 9pm on Tuesday 18th September 2018. Agenda items cover:
- Update on LA – school relationships
- Feedback from various panels and Smal Schools Conference
- What issues are likley to top of governors’ agendas during 2018/19
- New LA governor training package
- opportunity to discuss other topics of concern / interest
No need to book – just turn up. See the flyer here